Thursday, February 8, 2024

John 1:1

A NEW BEGINNING.

Finally, the project that persuaded me to take Media Studies. The one topic that captivated my decision. The one assignment I awaited since day one. Our PORTFOLIO PROJECT. I'm excited to finally develop my film opening. The many things I've been told about this class mostly surround this project. Everyone who told me about it speaks about it with passion and with the underlying intention to recommend the class just to work on it. I've enjoyed the class and the many assignments we've worked on, I feel like they've built my creative and technical thinking process, but this one project has been my hope throughout the entire year.

ESTABLISHING TONE.

I want to approach a certain tone with my film opening. I'm thinking about working with color schemes, contrasting darker and light colors to juxtapose two emotions and situations that are parallel to each other. I want to also establish the tone through the lighting of the shots. Going hand in hand with the colors, the lighting will relate to the color schemes and allow the implied tone to be shown.

DEVELOP CHARACTERS.

Through mise-en-scene and dialogue, I want to develop the main character and introduce their purpose. My desired purpose with the story for the film demands the main character to be developed. The way they're dressed, their actions and their words will convey their purpose and background. Who they are, what they do and what they will do, foreshadowing the rest of the film.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hello! I'm Martin, This blog is for AICE Media Studies to record background information and content about the exciting projects I...