Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Exodus 19:3

EDITING

In terms of editing, this was a quick process. For 2 minutes, I just had to sync the shots, browse through the disk, and do some minor color correction. Obstacles came in with choosing the right transition for the text and syncing music and shots. 

This was my first time coming this close to Premiere Pro and even though I had to do some research, it was an amazing experience. 



In terms of transitions for the text, I decided to use the Find Edges Stylize video effect with automation so the color change would serve as a transition. With that, I added a small fade in so it wouldn't be as harsh.

During this part of the film opening, I decided to automate the warmth of the shot for it to rise as the music started. This decision was made for 2 reasons.
1. So the next shot wouldn't be so harsh for the viewer, as it went from very dark lighting to very bright lighting.
2. To symbolize Luz's mood was improving and the music served as that catalyst for her emotions to brighten up, hence why the warmth of the shot was automated. 

There was very little I had to do in terms of fixing. Lighting really worked in our favor and all the shots were in very good framing and locations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hello! I'm Martin, This blog is for AICE Media Studies to record background information and content about the exciting projects I...